Where to Ring in 2015 in the East Bay
How about a prix fixe dinner menu at your favorite East Bay restaurant; an all-night party at an underground nightclub; or a Hornblower cruise?
I can’t believe it’s already time to countdown to 2015. I also can’t believe that I haven't already figured out what I'm doing for New Years Eve!
Here are a few options. Maybe you'll even see me there.
If you want to eat:
This New Year’s Eve, splurge on dinner before you resolve to diet in 2015 with a prix fixe dinner menu at one of these East Bay restaurants.
- A16 Rockridge, four-course menu, $85 per person. 5356 College Ave., Oakland, (510) 768-8003.
- Amber Bistro, three-course menu, $60 per person. 500 Hartz Ave., Danville, (925) 552-5238.
- Artisan Bistro, five-course “couples shared menu,” $125.00 per person, and optional $50 per person wine pairing. 1005 Brown Ave., Lafayette, (925) 962-0882.
- Bridges Restaurant and Bar, three-course dinner, 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. 44 Church St., Danville, (925) 820-7200.
- Esin Restaurant and Bar, chef’s four-course tasting menu, $79 per person. 750 Camino Ramon, Danville, (925) 314-0974.
- Fleming’s Steakhouse, prix fixe dinner, $69.95, December 28-January 1. 1685 Mt. Diablo Blvd., Walnut Creek, (925) 287-0297.
- Metro Lafayette, three-course prix fixe menu, $75 per person (including a glass of champagne). 3524 Mt. Diablo Blvd., Lafayette, (925) 284-4422.
- Revel Kitchen and Bar, chef’s four-course tasting menu, $79 per person. 331 Hartz Ave., Danville, (925) 208-1758.
- Simply Fondue Livermore, prix-fix four-course couples dinner all Southern Style, $80 per person; children’s special, $20 per child 12 and under. 2300 First St, Livermore, (925) 443-6638.
- Terra Mia, three-course prix fixe menu, early bird from 4:30 to 5:45p.m.; after early bird from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., $38 per person; $48 per person. 4040 East Ave., Livermore, (925) 456-3333.
If you don’t want to go the prix fixe route, these East Bay restaurants are also serving up special NYE menus:
- Corners Tavern, Walnut Creek.
- The Dead Fish, Crockett.
- Gather Restaurant, Berkeley.
- Piatti, Danville.
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House, Walnut Creek.
If you want to party:
Whether you want the whole package (food and fun), or just wanna go clubbin’, we’ve got you covered. Here are our top picks for NYE 2015.
Food and festivities ...
Ring in 2015 at Kanishka’s Neo-Indian Gastropub's Revelers NYE 2014—a black, white, and red celebration. This evening includes festive NYE signature decadent tapas treats. 1518 Bonanza St., Walnut Creek, (925) 464-7468.
Plank in Oakland is hosting a New Year's Eve extravaganza. Their special package ($60 per person or $110 per couple), includes a trip to their specialty entrée station, $20 in video-game credits, two premium drink tickets, a champagne toast at midnight, and live music. Reserve your spot today via email@example.com; space is limited. 98 Broadway, Oakland, (510) 817-0980.
Kid-friendly events ...
We all know kids love to try and keep their eyes open long enough to ring in the New Year, but the little ones never make it to midnight, and many parents secretly hope they’ll be snoozing at a decent hour. So they don’t miss out on the fun, take the whole family to Chabot Space and Science Center for a New Year’s Eve celebration. On Wednesday, December 31 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., the kids can count down the strokes of midnight around the world, as colorful balloons drop from the ceiling. Stay all day and enjoy fun activities offered throughout the center. Purchase tickets online. Members: $5 per child; guests: $5 per child plus general admission. 10000 Skyline Blvd., Oakland (510) 336-7300.
FloraCultural Society in Oakland will also be hosting a kid-centric NYE event, called Noon Year's Eve. Let the kiddos decorate their own masks using feathers, sparkles, and other natural materials. Count down to noon, watch the flower ball drop, and enjoy cookies and sparkling cider as a family. Tickets are $5. December 31, 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. 6307 College Ave., Oakland.
Dance party ...
The Prince of Pop may no longer be with us, but his music lives on. Berkeley’s hottest new nightclub, the Berkeley Underground, hosts “The Prince and Michael Jackson Experience”—a New Year’s Eve dance party—on Wednesday, December 31 and Thursday, January 1, from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Tickets start at $20. Order now: They’re going fast. 2286 Shattuck Ave., Berkeley (directly below BUILD Pizzeria).
Couples' cruise ...
Hornblower Cruises and Events hosts four NYE cruises—and one is already sold out! Count down to 2015 aboard a yacht on their New Year’s Eve gala dinner cruise, which leaves from Berkeley Doubletree Marina at 9 p.m., and features a buffet dinner, open bar, keepsake boarding photo, a view of the San Francisco midnight fireworks show, and live entertainment ($202 per person).
Or, board the Starry Night New Year’s Eve cocktail cruise, a three-hour boat ride with hor d’oeuvres, champagne, and a view of the San Francisco fireworks—also departing from the Berkeley Doubletree Marina at 10 p.m. ($150 per person). Don’t feel like staying up late (or going to bed)? Hop on the New Year’s Day Berkeley Champagne Brunch Cruise at 11:30 a.m. for a two-hour trip featuring a brunch buffet, unlimited champagne and mimosas, and live entertainment ($72 per person).